Normally I’m a big fan of Chrome. And its automatic updates are also normally pretty harmless.
Then there was Chrome 37 and it made me think I was crazy. It just looked wrong. I thought my computer’s resolution somehow got messed up, but I checked and it was good.
And then I did a little googling and came across the answer!
“XXXXXXXX\chrome.exe” /high-dpi-support=1 /force-device-scale-factor=1
After making the updated to my Chrome shortcut and re-ping it to my taskbar in Win7, everything went back to normal, which is all that matters in the end.
Hopefully this is not a permanent change from Google.